Silver Award Pre-assessment Check
The details of yours groups pre-assessment meeting are given below. Please read the details carefully and check that all members of your group understand what they need to do. It is the assessor who decides if your group has the knowledge and skills necessary to undertake their expedition. This meeting is compulsory.
The Pre-assessment meetings will be on Friday 26th August in the middle building for Groups A, E, F, H and I
- All members of the group must be present for the whole meeting.
- All members of the group must have their walking boots and socks with them.
- All members of the group must have their map, compass, and route cards.
- All members of the group must be able to give grid references and bearings
- All members of the group must be a able to give basic First Aid and follow Emergency procedures
- Group members should know the Aim of their expedition
- All members of the group must be able to talk about their route and what they will find along it.
- All members of the group must understand about good camp hygiene. (drinking water and going to the loo etc)
- Each group must have a First Aid kit.
- Each group must have prepared a menu for the whole expedition.
- Each group must have one fully packed rucksack. (without food)
I will confirm the rest of the details for your expeditions following the successful conclusion of your pre-expedition check.
If you have any problems with these arrangements or if you have any questions please
let me know at once.