Health & Social Care
This work related qualification is designed to provide you with a choice of routes into Further Education or employment.
You do not need to have studied Health and Social Care before starting the course. It is important that you have an enquiring mind, an interest in Health and Social Care, a willingness to explore new ideas and an ability to communicate your ideas effectively.
- Gain knowledge and understanding about health, social care and early years services and how they operate.
- Have an opportunity to apply learning in a practical and realistic way.
- Enjoy studying a subject that is relevant to your life and experiences.
- Gain confidence by developing independent learning skills.
- Develop key skills which are highly valued by employers and Further Education.
- Be able to move onto a related career or higher education course.
News Articles - Health & Social Care
15 October 2014Year 13 Health and Social Care students recently attended a lively and engaging talk by Donna ...
28 May 2014Michele Eastwood, a local complementary therapist, visited the department in May to talk to the stud...
15 May 2013A group of Year 14 Health and Social Care and ICT students from Cookstown High School recently par...