The Modern Languages Department includes French, German and Spanish.
Our Departmental Ethos is:
“Excellence, Enrichment & Enjoyment”
Aims & Objectives
· To offer education of the highest quality to all pupils who come to our department
· To encourage all our pupils to become responsible global citizens and effective contributors to their society through their learning of foreign languages and cultures
· To build on pupils’ previous knowledge and develop their skills and confidence to become successful learners and enable them to achieve their potential
· To make pupils aware of our high expectations by setting appropriate targets taking into account their individual learning styles and needs
· To promote positive relationships and foster an ethos where pupils flourish and become confident individuals
· To create strong, positive links between school, home and the local community
· To promote a safe and protective environment where all pupils and staff feel valued and their contributions are recognised
News Articles - Modern Languages
28 April 2016Cookstown High School recently had the pleasure of welcoming a group of thirty-two Spanish pupils an...
12 April 2016Success and a challenge in French Katelyn Brown 9HB has achieved a new high score in Word Attack on...
10 March 2016Throughout February Year 8 classes have been enthusiastically engaged in celebrating the cultural di...
15 May 2015The All Ireland Linguistics Olympiad (AILO) challenges secondary school students to test their minds...
02 April 2015The All Ireland Linguistics Olympiad (AILO) challenges secondary school students to test their minds...
19 March 2015Pictured are three of our pupils who have qualified for Round 2 of the ALL Ireland Linguistics Olymp...
13 January 2015Ian Stewart, Irish Football Association Manager, requested our support on Tuesday 16th December for ...
28 November 2014Why participate in this contest? To promote language learning and the skill of translation! T...
14 November 2014Thanks to an initiative offered via the South West Regional College and the Confucius Institute (Uni...
14 October 2014The annual celebration of the diversity of language was marked in CHS this year with a Year 8 compet...