PE - GCSE, A level & Careers

GCSE PE 

CCEA Board

Candidates are assessed in three practical activities which amounts to 60% of the final grade with the remaining 40% is theory based and assessed by written examination.  

Time Allocation: 3 x 50 min lessons per week.

 

AS PE 

Suitable for those successful candidates at GCSE and a limited number of others who meet established criteria.   Following the OCR syllabus this course is much more demanding in the theoretical content (60%) with practical assessment of two roles (performer and/or coach and/or official) in one or more sports.


A2 PE 

Suitable for successful candidates at AS, again following the OCR specification. 70% theoretical, 30% practical assessment in one sport.

Time Allocation: 6 x 50 min lessons per week.

 

Career Pathways

As well as providing opportunities to continue with KS5 and tertiary education, Physical Education also prepares you for a range of careers, including: Chiropractor , Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist , Physical Education Teacher, Exercise Science , Sports Medicine and Sports Management

News Articles - Physical Education

  • Gymnastics

    11 March 2015
    During the second term one of the components we focus on, in Physical Education, is gymnastics. &nbs...
  • Two Trick Pony?

    31 March 2014
    On occasion we hear the phrase ‘Girl’s hockey and Netball; that is all Cookstown High School does in...
  • Mountain Biking at Davaghs new pump trail

    25 October 2013
    This week saw the official opening of Davagh's pump track and practice trails. 24 GCSE and A Level ...
Cookstown High School,  Coolnafranky Demesne, Cookstown, Co. Tyrone, BT80 8PQ  
Tel: 028 867 63632   Fax 028 867 61210    email:  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
 
 
            international school award                       fairtrade